I’ve always loved memes – from the time they were passed around in middle school notebooks to the recent reincarnation in the blogosphere. I also adore Sarah Jessica Parker. A few month ago I watched a video interview she did with Vogue, “73 questions with SJP.” It was fun and it gave me an idea for a blog. I transcribed all the questioned and saved them for another day. That day has come! I’ve been working on an essay all week for a class I’m taking and my brain is fried. I failed to hook up with Mama Kat this week and aside from a guest post at the Family Legacy Center, it’s been quiet here at The Latchkey Mom. So if you’ll indulge me, I will pretend I am Miss Sarah Jessica Parker and answer Vogue’s questions:
1) How long have you lived in your neighborhood?
Almost four years.
2) What’s your favorite season in the city you live?
3) What is your favorite thing to do in Atlanta?
Going to the theater.
4) Would you ever leave Atlanta?
5) What are three words to describe the city in which you live?
Big, hot, southern.
6) Would you ever live somewhere else?
Yes! I’m feeling nostalgic for New England lately. And if we could afford it, I’d move to Sonoma, CA tomorrow.
7) Favorite movie, ever?
Can’t pick one, but you can be sure it’s a romantic comedy!
8) Favorite movie in the last 5 years?
9) Favorite Hitchcock movie?
10) Favorite TV Show that’s currently on?
Mad Men and the Good Wife (can’t choose!)
11) What’s a book you plan on reading?
Seriously? I have at least fifty books currently in my to-read pile!
12) What book did you read in school that positively shaped you?
To Kill a Mocking Bird
13) What’s a book you read in school that you never think of?
The Red Badge of Courage
14) On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about life?
15) iphone or Android?
Android (my husband is NOT an Apple fan) and I am helpless/hopeless when it comes to technology, so we go with the CTO’s choice!
16) Instagram or Twitter?
Instagram. But follow me on both:).
17) Vine or Snap Chat?
18) Who should everyone be following?
Not a clue.
19) What’s Coolest thing in the room (you’re in)?
My framed poster of Red Sox winning the World Series (it was my brother’s, a gift I gave him).
20) Favorite restaurant?
21) Favorite food?
22) Least favorite food?
23) What do you love on you pizza?
Mushrooms and green olives.
24) Favorite drink?
25) Favorite dessert?
26) Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
27) Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t eat weird food, imo.
28) Hardest part about being a mom?
Letting them go.
29) Favorite band?
30) Favorite solo artist?
31) Favorite lyrics?
I swear that time’s a trick, it disappears oh so quick, man I swear I was just sixteen and now I’m staring at thirty six….
32) If your life were a song, what would the title would be?
33) If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
34) If you could master an instrument, what would it be?
35) If you got a tattoo, where on your body would you get it?
36) To be or not to be?
37) What’s Oprah Like in person?
I’d love to know!
38) What number question is this?
Thirty-eight (I think SJP was wrong).
39) Dog or cats?
40) Puppies or kittens?
41) Dolphins or koalas?
42) Bird watching or whale watching?
43) Your spirit animal?
44) Best gift you ever received?
45) Last gift you gave a friend?
46) Who would you like to have coffee with?
47) Historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
Jackie Kennedy Onassis
48) How do you take your coffee?
Strong, vanilla flavored, with cream.
49) Can I play a note on this piano?
Not applicable (and I don’t have a piano).
50) What’s your favorite curse word?
51) Favorite board game?
52) Favorite foreign country to visit?
Italy (although I have yet to go!)
53) Last foreign country visited?
54) Country you wish to visit?
55) What do you see in this image?
This doesn’t work for my purposes.
56) Favorite word, that starts and ends with the same vowel?
Eve (first one that came to mind!).
57) Favorite color?
58) Least favorite color?
59) Color of your prom dress?
Black and white
60) Diamonds or pearls?
61) Expensive shampoo or cheap shampoo?
62) Air dry or blow dry?
63) Flats or heels?
64) Who can you impersonate?
65) And with a British accent?
66) Favorite constellation?
Big Dipper – is that a constellation?
67) Which dress should I give my girlfriend?
Again, not applicable. But if you watch the video, I’d go with the red.
68) Pilates or yoga?
Hot yoga (but have a feeling I would pick Pilates if I ever tried it).
69) Swimming or jogging?
70) Best way to decompress?
A day at the beach.
71) If you had one super power, what would it be?
72) Can you describe an experience when you felt the most nervous?
Giving a eulogy.
73) Weirdest word in the English language?
Now it’s your turn. Pick some questions and answer for me in the comment section. If you’re a blogger, feature your own SJP interview and tag me so I can learn more about you!
If you like this post, check out these similar LKM blogs: